Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fun Autism Therapies

When looking for therapies for my son I found it difficult to find many in the Buffalo, NY area. Today I will list some therapies that your child may enjoy as well as In-Home Behavior Therapy.

Buffalo Women & Children's Hospital Aquatic (swim) Therapy- My little guy loves this therapy! The therapy is given at Buffalo Therapy Services 115 Flint Rd, Williamsville, NY
The contact number is 716-878-7470, the website shows the pediatric therapies available through Children's Hospital  http://www.wchob.org/services/services_display.asp?SID=625&CID=9
You just need a prescription from the doctor for "aquatic therapy"

One of the therapies that I think looks great is Horse Therapy (Equine or Hippotherapy).  I am going to register my son for the summer.

Lothlorien Therapeutic Riding Center, 15 Reiter Rd., East Aurora, NY 14052, 716-655-1335
www.lothlorientrc.org

Buffalo Therapeutic Riding Center, Buffalo Therapeutic Riding Center, Inc.
950 Amherst Street · Buffalo, New York 14216, (716) 877-9295
www.thebtrc.org

 Moving Miracles is a dance/movement program for children, adolescents and adults who are exceptionally challenged mentally, physically and/or emotionally. 954 Union Road Suite 1, West Seneca, NY 14224
716-656-1321 e-mail movingmiracles_dance@verizon.net
www.movingmiracles.org

In-Home Behavior Therapy- I like this one!!
Requirements: Developmental disability, behavior problems in the home
We have behavior therapy in the home 3 times per week. The therapists we have are great, my son likes when they come to the house. The therapists work with my son as well as my husband and I.
This is a Federally funded program and you are entitled to it at no cost to you. You can contact your Medicaid Service Coordinator, if you have one. Your coordinator or you can contact Sue Olexanko at
716-880-3700.
If your child's behavior is out of control you can call Spectrum Service's C.A.R.E.S. program at
716-882-4357. They will send someone out within 24 hrs. to observe and then suggest the therapy needed in your home and they will provide that therapy.
Remember that you are entitled to these therapies through federal funds as long as the requirements are met.

I hope you find this information useful. The reason for my blog is to help you and your child.

1 comment: